With the global concerns surrounding the COVID-19 coronavirus, we wanted to update all our attendees, sponsors, speakers, etc. on the plans for AWS Community Day | Bay Area in Mountain View (SF) on September 11th.
As of now, we are still planning to hold the event as scheduled. We are hopeful we will have more knowledge as the event gets closer, and we will continue to update this page.
We plan to take additional steps to ensure a healthy environment, following the CDC recommendations:
- Anyone who has been in a US CDC Warning Level 3 country in the 14 days prior to the event may not attend.
- Anyone who has been in contact with someone that had COVID-19 or related symptoms (fever, cough) in the previous 14 days may not attend.
- Anyone displaying any “flu-like” symptoms at the time or in the previous 14 days may not attend.
- AV gear will be disinfected between speakers.
- We will work with our venue (Computer History Musuem) to ensure health and safety for the conference as appropriate at the time.
- We will provide disinfectants, hand sanitizer, etc
We remain confident the event can go on and look forward to seeing you all there. However, do please take care in regard to your travel plans:
- Consider making refundable travel plans (many airlines and hotels are waiving change fees in some situations). Also, make sure you’re not traveling to any countries on the US CDC Warning Level 3 list in the 14 days prior to AWS Community Day | Bay Area.
- Attendees who are not able to attend because they are ill or potentially exposed at the time of the event, or attendees who aren’t able to attend due to other health concerns will be refunded, minus processing fees.
- If the conference is canceled by events beyond our control (e.g. venue shutdown or government edict) we will offer refunds, minus processing fees to registered attendees.
- We are not able to offer refunds for sponsors. In the event that we have to cancel or postpone the event, we will instead apply sponsorships to the next event. Please understand, we are a community-organized event, and the money we take in from sponsor and ticket sales is immediately used to pay for the venue, food, and the other expenses to put on the event. We don’t have corporate backing or other financial backstops to cover any non-refundable fees that have been paid.
We will continue to monitor the situation going forward and update this page as needed.
Last Updated: March 12th, 2020